Mihhail Korb is the Minister of Public Administration of the Republic of Estonia from 23 November 2016. He is a member of the Estonian Centre Party.
- From 2015–2016, Mihhail Korb was a member of the 13th Riigikogu by being the Vice-Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee.
- From 2014–2015, Mihhail Korb was a member of the 12th Riigikogu.
In 2013 and 2009, Mihhail Korb belonged to Tallinn City Council.
From 2011–2014, Mihhail Korb was the City District Elder of Kesklinn.
From 2005–2011, Mihhail Korb was the City District Elder of Kristiine.
From 2004–2005, Mihhail Korb was the Budget Specialist of Tallinn Mustamäe District Administration.
From 2001–2004, Mihhail Korb was the Economic Specialist in Financing of Kohtla-Järve City Administration.
Born on 3 March 1980 in Pärnu, Mihhail Korb has graduated from Kohtla-Järve Ahtme Gymnasium and acquired a Bachelor’s degree in Business Management and a Master’s degree in Economics from Tallinn University of Technology. Currently, Mihhail Korb studies Energetics (Bachelor’s degree) at Tallinn University of Technology.
Minister of Public Administration
The Minister is appointed and released from office by the Prime Minister.
- The Minister of Public Administration is responsible for matters related to the civil service, state assets and public procurement, the government internal audit system, local and regional development, planning and coordinating regional administration and spatial planning. The minister will report to the Government of the Republic on activities in his areas of responsibility and make proposals on matters concerning the ministry’s area of government.
- Minister of Public Administration appoints the heads of state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of government as well as the deputy secretary generals and the heads of departments of the Ministry.
- Minister of Public Administration makes proposals to the Government on the Ministry's budget and supplementary budget, if necessary. At the same time, he decides on the use of budget resources and monitors the implementation of the budget. The Minister also approves the budgets of the state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of government on the basis of the state budget.
- Minister of Public Administration decides on the establishment of the state authorities belonging to the Ministry's area of administration and approves their statutes, structure, and work organisation.
Ministry of Finance
- Is the Government’s expert in the implementation of financial and budgetary policy and the targeting of the economy.
- Plans the tax and customs policy and maintains a stable tax system.
- Prepares economic analyses and forecasts.
- Consults procurers and tenderers in conducting public procurements and monitors public procurement.
- Collects official statistics.
- Co-ordinates and manages the implementation of the internal control system in the Government and the professional activities of an internal auditor.
- Performs public accounting and manages the national daily cash flow.
- Places the state’s financial assets and liabilities, administers the external aid and loans granted to the state, and co-ordinates the sharing of benefits allocated to Estonia.
- Develops the financial and insurance policy.