Jüri Luik is the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Estonia as of 29 April 2019. He is a member of the political party Isamaa.
Jüri Luik was born on 17 August 1966 in Tallinn. He is married and a father of one. He was awarded with the 3rd class of the Order of the National Coat of Arms in 2004 and has been conferred with the diplomatic rank of an ambassador.
- J. Luik has served as the Minister of Defence of the Republic of Estonia in 2017–2019, 1999–2002, and 1993–1994.
- In 2015–2017, he was Director of the International Centre for Defence and Security.
- In 2012–2015, he was Ambassador Extraordinary and Plenipotentiary to Moscow, in 2007–2012 to NATO, in 2003–2007 to Washington, and in 1996–1999 to Brussels.
- In 2002–2003, he headed the Estonian delegation in negotiations to join NATO at the Ministry of Foreign Affairs.
- In 1994–1995, he was the Minister of Foreign Affairs of the Republic of Estonia.
- In 1992–1993, he headed the delegation in the Estonia-Russia negotiations as a Minister without portfolio.
Jüri Luik graduated from the University of Tartu in journalism in 1989.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
29. Aprill 2019, Tallinn