Kristian Jaani is the Minister of the Interior of the Republic of Estonia from 26 January 2021.
Kristian Jaani was born on 11 December 1976 in Tallinn. He is married and a father of two children. In 2008, he was awarded the 4th Class of the Order of the Cross of the Eagle.
Employment history and career
- From 2013–2021, he was the Police Prefect at the Police and Border Guard Board.
- From 2007–2013, he was the Head of Office at the Police and Border Guard Board.
- From 2003–2007, he was the Head of Division at the Police Board.
- From 2002–2003, he was the Head of Service at the Police Board.
- From 1997–2002, he worked at the Police Board.
Kristian Jaani graduated from the Estonian Academy of Security Sciences in 1999 in the specialty of police and the same academy in 2014 in the specialty of internal security.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
26. January 2021, Tallinn