Jüri Ratas, who is a member of the Estonian Centre Party, leads the Government of the Republic of Estonia for his second term of office as of 29 April 2019.
Jüri Ratas was born on 2 July 1978 in Tallinn. He is married and a father to one daughter and three sons. Ratas became a member of the Estonian Centre Party in 2000 and has served as Chairman of the party as of 2016.
- J. Ratas has served as Prime Minister of the Republic of Estonia also in 2016–2019.
- In 2007–2016, he was a member of the XI, XII, and XIII Riigikogu and served as Vice-President of the Riigikogu.
- In 2005–2007, he was the Mayor of Tallinn, and in 2003–2004 and 2005, he was the Deputy Mayor of Tallinn.
- In 2002–2003, he was the Economic Adviser to the Tallinn City Office.
- In 1999–2002, he was Chairman of the Board of OÜ Värvilised (car maintenance).
Graduated from the Tallinn University of Technology in business management in 2000 and obtained his Master’s degree in 2002 in economic sciences from the Tallinn University of Technology. He also obtained a Bachelor’s degree in law from the University of Tartu School of Law in 2005.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
29. aprill 2019, Tallinn