Riina Solman is the Minister of Population of the Republic of Estonia as of 29 April 2019. She is a member of the political party Isamaa.
Riina Solman was born on 23 June 1972 in Viljandi. She is married and a mother of two sons. She became a member of the political party Isamaa in 2007 and is Chairwoman of the IREN Women’s Assembly of the party.
- In 2017–2019, she served as advisor to the Minister of Justice; before that, in 2015–2017, she was head of the Public Relations Division of the Ministry of Justice.
- In 2014–2015, she served as head of communications and development of the Viimsi Municipality Government.
- In 2011–2014, she was head of marketing and communication at Starmaker OÜ and Starmayer OÜ.
- In 2007–2011, she was the public relations advisor of the Minister of Defence.
- In 2005–2007, she was head of media of the Pro Patria and Res Publica Union.
Riina Solman graduated from the University of Tallinn in pedagogy and primary education methodology in 1995. She speaks Estonian, English, Russian, and Finnish.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
29. Aprill 2019, Tallinn