Urmas Kruuse is the Minister of Rural Affairs of the Republic of Estonia as of 26 January 2021. He is a member of the Estonian Reform Party.
Urmas Kruuse was born in 14 July 1965 in Elva. He is married and a father of six children. In 2002, Kruuse joined the Estonian Reform Party.
Employment history and career
- From 2015–2021, he was a member of the 13th and 14th Riigikogu.
- From 2015–2016, he was the Minister of Rural Affairs.
- From 2014–2015, he was the Minister of Health and Labour.
- From 2007−2014, he was the Mayor of Tartu.
- From 2002−2007, he was the Mayor of Elva.
- From 1999−2002, he was the Sales Representative and Customer Manager at Kesko Food AS.
- From 1994−1995, he was the Warehouse Manager at AS Siberry Rebase Hulgiladu and later its Sales Manager.
- From 1987−1993, he was the Warehouse Operator at Tallinn Tööstuskaubastu.
- From 1985−1994, he was a Freelance Musician.
Urmas Kruuse graduated from the International University Audentes in 2004 with a degree in business management.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
26. January 2021, Tallinn