Kaja Kallas, member of the Estonian Reform Party, leads the Government of the Republic of Estonia from 26 January 2021.
Kaja Kallas was born on 18 June 1977 in Tallinn. She is married and a mother of two sons and a daughter. Kallas joined the Estonian Reform Party in 2011 and has led the party since 14 April 2018.
Employment history and career
- From 2019–2021, she was a member of the 14th Riigikogu and the Chairman of the Faction.
- From 2014–2018, she was a member of the European Parliament.
- From 2011–2014, she was a member of the 12th Riigikogu; in 2011, she served as the Chairman of the Economic Affairs Committee and in 2014, the Chairman of the Faction.
- From 2010–2011, she was a Training Provider at the EBS Management Training Centre.
- From 2006–2011, she was a Sworn Advocate and Partner at the law firm Luiga Mody Hääl Borenius.
- From 1998–2006, she was a Sworn Advocate and Partner at the law firm Tark & Co.
- From 1996–1997, she was an Adviser to the Director of the Vanemuine Theatre.
Kaja Kallas graduated from the University of Tartu in 1999 with a degree in law and undertook her postgraduate studies at the Estonian Business School in 2007.
In undertaking to perform the duties of a member of the Government of the Republic, I am aware that I shall bear responsibility in this office before the Republic of Estonia and my conscience. I solemnly swear to remain faithful to the constitutional order of the Republic of Estonia and to devote my strength to securing the welfare and future of the people of Estonia.
26. January 2021, Tallinn